8/1/11

from my bookshelf> Lady Julia Gray Series

Title: Silent in the Grave, Silent in the Sanctuary, Silent on the Moor, Dark Road to Darjeeling
Author: Deanna Raybourn



I found this series after I read the Gail Carriger books.  I really enjoyed the Victorian setting and mystery in that series and I think I ended up googling "Victorian mystery". 

 While there's a lot less supernatural stuff happening in this series, there is a twinge of the other worldly.  Can't divulge more without spoiling it for you.  I think technically these are classified as "Mystery Romance" but they are way more mystery.  The leading man is a Holmes-y type character, which I kind of like (watching both BBC Sherlock and the new Holmes Movies) and a little rough around the edges.  The only quarrel I have with the series is that the heroine, Julia Gray, is sometimes incredibly slow...I feel like she should be a little more quick witted.  All in all though I really enjoyed them!

>Cassie


3 comments:

  1. Souns interesting, will check them out!! Hope you have a great Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Soulless and I totally am going to check these out of the library, ASAP! Holmes-y? Yes please!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails