6/2/11

Mail From Hogwarts

As any Harry Potter fan knows, 11 is a big year. It's the year you get accepted into Wizardry school. So this morning Kate awoke to an owl (stuffed) waiting with her Hogwarts acceptance letter :)

I found the Hogwarts logo and McGonagall's signature online, and printed off the pages on regular paper. I then dyed them with tea and hung them on the line to dry.

Once dry I dampened the edges and burned them to make it look like old parchment  - and Voila! an authentic looking Hogwarts acceptance letter. 

I made an editable  file of this - so I can email it to anyone who wants to make one too :)

drying in the sun
burning the edges
close up of page 2
Owl Mail :)
> Jessi

13 comments:

  1. Awwww. Are you the perfect mother or what?! I bet she was thrilled! Happy Birthday, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did this for my 12th birthday :) I made the letters and put my friends names in them it was great.

    -Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are such a creative and wonderful mom. I bet Kate will be excited when she sees this. Happy Birthday, Kate!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last photo is amazing, hihi! Such a fun idea! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha that is so cute! i know some people who would love to get that in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, how cute. I am bittersweet about the next film. I don't want it to end. I bet she was so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Nikki I feel the same way!! I am totally going to cry in the theater!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool! I want to go to Hogwarts too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such an adorable idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is so awesome!! best mom ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! I used to love waking up to presents like that in my room. I bet it made her week!

    Emilie
    www.liveeatsmile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are such a lovely mom! I love Harry Potter too and I'm just a teensy bit older than 11 :-)

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails