6/16/11

Seaside rooms

I finally got the go ahead to buy paint for our bedroom! I am super excited to get started (although a quick turnaround freelance job just came up so I will not be starting this weekend as planned).

Currently the room is dark red and I am going a 180 on that. I had a few colours in mind, but Clifford wanted to go white, and I can add accents of colour - for when I will undoubtedly change my mind on what colour I like in a year or 2. 

So I bought white for the walls and light grey for trim and stairs - and I will accent with blues in the bedding, curtains and such, to I  *hope* create a tranquil, seaside feeling room - I want it to feel like if you looked out the window you'd see the ocean - and since Clifford is not on board with my brilliant plan to move to Newfoundland and swim in the ocean everyday, paint (and maybe a sounds of the ocean cd?) will have to do :)

Here's some of the pics I have been looking at while planning the overhaul:)

> coastal living
> interior design
> homeanddecor
> the lennox
> hgtv
> emerald cove
 Can't you just hear crashing waves when you look at these??

> Jessi

8 comments:

  1. Love these ocean inspired bedrooms. The third one is my favorite. I just love the soft fluffy pillows against the soft blue screen doors.

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the one at the top is dreamy!!! and the color palettes on all of them are so soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for featuring my room. I love all the rooms that you here, they are so seaside perfect. I love your blog and I am following you as well. :)
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. beach decor is my favorite. Can't wait to see it all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing your bedroom when it's done.

    Btw, have you seen this:
    http://blogs.babble.com/strollerderby/2011/06/17/jk-rowling-big-announcement-coming-soon/

    I'm a Harry Potter fan too so hoping it's a new book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I saw that yesterday! so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is exactly what I have started in my master suite remodel! Everything is white and it's all being accented in blues and grays. We wanted a total beach cabin retreat. So excited to see how yours turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can hear them! These rooms are definitely doing their job! It's my dream to live by the seaside and, as a start, this home-decor could be a good compromise! ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails