2/22/12

From My Bookshelf: Cinder

Title: Cinder
Author: Marissa Meyer


I have been waiting for this to come out since I saw previews for it online. Cyborg Cinderella? Uh, hello! Sign me up!  Plus the cover is pretty rad.


I thought it was pretty well written for the YA genre for which I usually  have low expectations. What I liked the most though was her concepts of how cyborgs would be treated and the twists on the classic fairy tale.  There were enough changes that the text didn't become stale, but still gave you the links to it's origins you were looking for.

I will say the heroine is kinda slow. I knew what was going to happen chapters before she did, but that may be because I had glimpses into what was happening with other characters. Either way, I spent a good amount of time yelling at the book :P

I'm glad I went into this knowing it's the first part of a trilogy otherwise I would have been pretty miffed but I was surprised that they did wrap up one of the major plot points before the end.  I can't wait for the next one, my sister Shmemadoo has been asking me "How long 'til the next one?!?"

> Cassie

5 comments:

  1. Let me know what you think I'm intrigued....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great twist on a classic fairytale! I can't wait to give this one a go! I'm currently reading A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness, which is also a trilogy.

    www.flourishandfancy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a teen librarian I can tell you that it is safe to assume a paranormal/sci-fi YA book is at least a trilogy these days. It makes ordering them annoying because I forget when they all come out. I'm pretty excited to read this one though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for the sweet comment! I'm glad you got to celebrate Vday with delicious food too :)

    this book looks pretty funky, I might have to give it a try. I love twists on fairytails!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love YA working at the library those are the first ones I look at because they awesome

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails