2/28/12

Homemade Donuts

Last week we had Family Day. My sister in law came down and we all went out for lunch and then came home to make donuts with the kids - and with the kids I mean, Lily played with flour and Maya only wanted to help with cutting them out!

Here is the recipe (it is an old family one), they look a little flat, but they still tasted just like old fashion donuts!

Ingredients
2 eggs
1/2 tsp nutmeg
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup milk
1-1/2 tsp vanilla
2-3/4 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup oil

with mixer combine eggs, nutmeg, sugar, oil. Stir in milk & vanilla. Add flour, baking powder & salt and beat until batter is well blended (will look crumbly-ish). Form ball and chill for 2 hours. Heat oil to 375 degrees ( I use my deep fryer at the french fry setting) separate into 2 balls and roll out at 1/2" thickness. Cut out 3 at a time (if you don't have a donut cutter, use a glass and bottle cap). With a flat spatula carefully put them in the oil. They will sink at first and then float to the top, when the underside is browned, turn it over and allow the other side to brown. Remove and place on paper towel to drain

> Jessi

7 comments:

  1. I have to try this with Kairi one day. She would LOVE this (although I can hear daily requests to make donuts starting already, lol). Thanks for sharing :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks really fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just looked at this again... I'm using 3/4 cup of white sugar, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I'll have to try these, so much fun for the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome, thanks for the recipe! I always wanted to make my own...

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! how cool! i've never made donuts before!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails